- What happened to the America where acceptance and tolerance was actually practiced, when bigotry was almost non-existent because of our right to free speech?
- When did bigotry take over our attitudes and conversations?
- And at what point did it be come expected that we should be tolerant of bigotry?
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
- I’m offended by the intolerance of any religion that’s not Islam. By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Does that offend you? Yes, of course it does – because only a bigot can be offended by something considered a friendly greeting and well-wish. I don’t get offended when someone wishes me Happy Hanukkah, I thank them and wish it back.
- I’m offended by the intolerance of exercising our right to free speech. I’m even further offended – and severely disturbed – by the disdain many have toward the first amendment, demonizing anyone who practices it.
- I’m offended by the fact that college kids are such sheltered, protected, indoctrinated sissies that they have to establish safe places. You want a safe place? Lock yourself in mommy’s basement and spare us from your angst. And now they can’t go to class because they can’t cope with Trump’s victory. Give me a break. I’m offended by the fact that these sissies will be running things when I’m back in diapers. I’ll probably be the 98-year-old grandma imprisoned for saying something offensive, because that’s the direction this country is headed. George Orwell had it right – he was just a few decades off.
- I’m offended by the left-wing indoctrination of our children by teachers, professors, and administrators in our schools and universities.
- I’m offended by the lack of tolerance for others’ ideas or opinions – the rampant bigotry and lack of respect offends me greatly.
- I’m offended by the lack of initiative to educate oneself by digging into to supporting evidence for each side of the argument. Case in point, I’ll bet the number of liberals who watched “Hillary’s America” is remarkably small. If you are a Democrat, you might want to watch it to understand what the party is really about, and the hidden history of its founding.
- I’m offended by the fact that liberals assume that conservatives support 100% of everything that the Republican or right-wing party stands for. Guess what – we don’t. Just like you don’t on the Democratic side.
- I’m offended by the attacks from proponents on the left for opinions that are on the right, attacks on character, assumptions about beliefs, stereotyping and lumping people into broad categories because of their beliefs, opinions, or positions.
- Here are a few examples of what I mean by this
- You’re a Christian? You a member of Westboro Baptist Church?
- Here are a few examples of what I mean by this
- You voted for Trump? You must be a racist, sexist, xenophobe, and you don’t deserve the air you breathe. In fact, just kill yourself right now, please.
- You support border security? You must be a racist.
- You don’t like Hillary Clinton? It can’t be because of the deplorable crimes she’s committed, so you must be a misogynist.
- You didn’t vote for Hillary? You must be a sexist misogynist.
- You believe the government is corrupt? You must be a conspiracy theorist who believes everything Alex Jones says.
- This is the same limited thinking and false assumptions as:
- All Mexicans are illegals (they are not)
- All African Americans are criminals (they are not)
- All Muslims are terrorists (they are not)
- All politicians are corrupt (they are not)
- All white people are racist (they are not)
- All police are racist and violent (they are not)
- People who own guns only want to shoot people. (really.)
The establishment media and establishment politicians have painted Trump as a racist, misogynist, a sexist, xenophobe, and every other “ist” and “obe” you can imagine. How about considering that he might be a Real-IST? Just because he wants to secure the border doesn’t make him a racist. Just because he wants to ensure that anyone coming from war-torn, terrorist-sponsoring countries are not actual terrorists doesn’t make him a racist, nor does it make him a xenophobe. If wanting to prevent people who come here from anywhere with the sole purpose to kill or convert you, me, and anyone else makes me a xenophobe, then so be it. Fine. I’m a fucking xenophobe because I don’t want a Syrian, Asian, Russian, Mexican, Canadian, Italian, Saudi, Iraqi, Iranian, nor Martian that wants to kill me to get into my country. Ironically, if it’s an American that goes nuclear that I don’t want coming to kill me, that’s just natural, not xenophobic. I’ll let you in on a secret – I don’t want killers roaming the streets of my country regardless of where they’re from. Period. I do not fear nor dislike foreign peoples, which is the definition of a xenophobe – in fact, I find them rather delightful. But if I express concern about Syrian refugees being infiltrated by terrorists to get into our country, it makes me a xenophobe in a leftist’s perspective. So see, you can’t win with the left, because they place emphasis on the wrong aspect of the fear: they berate on the source of my fear (Syrian refugees), rather than my fear of what could happen – terrorists infiltrating refugees so they can conduct terror.
defense of Hillary’s 180 degree flipflop on every issue she supports today, people change their positions as they learn and mature. Keep in mind that Trump was never accused of being racist or sexist until he squared off against the Democrats. And there is widespread forgiveness of Hillary Clinton despite the fact that she has flipped to the opposite spectrum on every issue she now supports. It’s easy to accept her right to change her mind, but anyone else you can’t muster the same courtesy. That’s a little hypocritical and bigoted, don’t you think?